Products :: DYM ReSearcher
aka. Did You Mean ReSearcher
- Compatibility: Solr 1.3.*, 1.4.*, 3.*, 4.0
- Version: 1.4.0
Sematext's DYM ReSearcher (DYMRS) is a Solr component that
improves search experience. It executes
alternative queries when it detects that original queries
produced poor results or no results at all due to spelling
mistakes or typos. It transparently returns better search
results to the client.
DYMRS exposes over half a dozen
tunable parameters in Solr's solrconfig.xml. These parameters
control DYMRS's behavior, such as: the heuristic for detecting
bad queries and bad results, generation of alternative queries,
selection of the best alternative result set, etc.
In this screenshot, taken from our search-lucene.com
can see the following:
- A user enters a query with a misspelling ("relavance computation" )
- DYMRS recognizes the misspelling
- Instead of returning 0 hits due to misspelling, DYMRS fixes the misspelling and rewrites the query
- DYMRS returns the results for the corrected query without the user having to retype or re-execute the query
- If you look very carefully you will a reference to a "Relaxer" that, as its name implies, can additionally relax an overly constrained query
Do You Need It?
How do you determine if Sematext's DYM ReSearcher is for you?
- You want to avoid users getting the "No Results Found" page.
- You want to avoid users getting incorrect results just because they made a spelling error or a typo.
- You want to avoid users getting too few or no results just because the exact query they entered produces no results.
Business Value / Benefits / Success Metrics
- Increased conversion/sales for ecommerce sites due to
visitors finding products even when they don't get the search
terms quite right
- Decrease in "No Results Found" searches
- Decrease in search bounces (visitors who perform a search, get bad or no results, and give up)
- Happier users
- Happier business department
Integration with Solr is simple. DYM ReSearcher is written as
a Solr plugin and consists of:
- A jar file to be placed in Solr's lib/ directory
- A reference to the DYMRS plugin in Solr's solrconfig.xml, along with DYMRS settings
Q: Does DYMRS work only with Solr?
A: Yes, Sematext's DYMRS is a Solr-only plugin.
Q: Which languages does DYMRS work with?
A: DYMRS is language-agnostic and will work with languages other than English and scripts other than Latin.